Here you can find the necessary information to configure and check the TCP/IP configuration of your computer.
Have a look at the screenshots below for detailed instruction.
1. Click the "Start" button then right click "My network places" in the start menu, then select
"Properties". You can also right click "My network place" on the desktop and then "Properties".
2. Right click "Local area connection", then select "Properties".
3. Click "Internet protocol (TCP/IP)", then click "Properties".
4. Select the radio button "Use the following IP adress" and enter Ip address, Subnet mask,
Default gateway, Preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS server, then click OK.
5. Click the "Start" button, select "Run", enter "cmd" and press Enter. The command line
window will open. Type "ipconfig" and press Enter. If you have been successfully connected
to the network you should get the following results:
6. Enter "ping", followed by the IP adress of your default gateway (e.g. "ping 10.45.1.1")
and press Enter. So you can check if your computer can connect to another one. You should
get a result similar to this one shown below, if you your connection is working.
7. If your connection doesn't work, you will get a time out like shown in the screenshot below.